Which program do you think children watch the most on TV? Obviously cartoons! As an educated and
informative individual, parents nowadays realize that if it’s a right mix of education and entertainment,
cartoons are not bad after all and letting your child watch those for a limited time can prove beneficial
rather than any harm. Here’s a list of top 5 cartoons which we think can be both beneficial and fun for
kids aged 2-6.
1. Dora the explorer: Aired on Nick Jr. channel it’s a colourful and musical show for preschoolers
where a small girl named Dora and her friends takes the viewers on an educative journey, but
the fun way, teaching them concepts of colours, numbers ,shapes, riddles and puzzles.
2. Mickey Mouse clubhouse: This show on Disney channel showcases one of the pioneer cartoon
character, Mickey Mouse and his lovable friends (Goofy, Donald, Minnie, and Daisy & Pluto)
where they entertain kids ranging from toddlers through preschoolers. Like Dora, this show also
introduces child to numbers, alphabets, social and behavioral skills in a fun way.
3. Tom and Jerry: This cartoon series is pure, unadulterated fun. Who is not familiar with the
famous chase between Tom, the cat and Jerry, the mouse and the comic situations which their
rivalry give rise to. Whether it’s a kid or an adult, this show never fails to entertain, which is the
prime motive of any cartoon.
4. Choota Bheem: Join the amusement with this one of the first successful “Made in India” cartoon
being aired on POGO channel. Such is the magic of Choota Bheem and his gang of mischievous
friends that no kid in the country is left untouched by its charm. The show is appropriate for
both toddlers, where the antics of the characters will keep them entertained and for little older
children, where they enjoy and at the same time get some moral lesson it imparts at the end of
5. There are other cartoons like Ninja Hattori, Oggy and the Cockroaches and Mr. Bean which the
kids watch for pure light-hearted pleasure.